THE 8 HABITS OF TOP COLLEGE STUDENTS
Going to college is an extraordinary experience. It is a time to explore and study new things, and it is an opportunity for personal and intellectual growth. Although intelligence and talent are helpful, to achieve success in college and beyond you also need good habits.
Here are the 8 habits of top college students:
1. Are organized. Successful students arrive to class ready for success. They have the books, notebooks, a working computer, syllabus, pens, an open mind, and the right attitude. They are proactive and responsible for their success.
2. Have a schedule. Successful students manage course expectations and prepare for class and assignments in advance to avoid stress and missing deadlines.
3. Make friends with smart people. Successful students understand that the people they spend time with affect how they think, feel and behave.
4. Always ready for new challenges. Successful students come to class prepared, and willing to engage and contribute to class discussions. They are not afraid to ask questions, and they embrace constructive feedback.
5. Keep healthy. Successful students understand that to manage personal and professional responsibilities they need to be in tip-top shape.
6. College is the highest priority. Successful students take college education very seriously, and they make the best of it each day. One of their top priority is personal and professional growth. A well-rounded education that allows them to adjust and to prosper in a global economy.
7. Life skills. Successful students enroll in courses outside of their degree program. To succeed in the real world skills such as communication, cultural literacy, critical thinking, time management, self-leadership and public speaking are imperative.
8. Have a success plan. The best students have goals, and a plan to achieve them. They don’t waste their time or money and live each day with purpose and intention. They are accountable and responsible for their success, in college and beyond college.